The Mexican Vegetarian Cookbook
An essential guide to vibrant, vegetarian Mexican home cooking, including naturally vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free dishes
Vegetarian food is deeply woven into Mexico's diverse culinary history. In this blockbuster recipe collection from the bestselling author of Mexico: The Cookbook, home cooks will discover delicious traditional and modern dishes made with corn, beans, spices, and the incredible bounty of fruit, vegetables, legumes, seeds, and edible flowers grown across Mexico.
These healthy, wholesome recipes are meat-free by design, spotlighting Mexico's outstanding foods, instead of relying on hard-to-source ingredients or substitutions. Each is presented with clear, straightforward instructions accessible to home cooks of all skill levels.
Along with authentic breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and desserts, the book includes an entire chapter dedicated to pulses - high-protein superfoods such as chickpeas, beans and lentils - as well as special sections for breads, drinks, sauces, and basics that every fan of Mexican cuisine should master.
Beautifully designed, with an eye-popping cover and vivid photography throughout, The Mexican Vegetarian Cookbook is an inspiring addition to any home cook's kitchen shelf.
Chapters and recipes include:
- Breakfasts : Huevos Ahogados, Oaxacan Mushroom Turnovers
- Lunches : Pasilla Chiles Stuffed with Beans and Wrapped in Plantain, Vegetarian Ceviche
- Snacks (Botanas y Antojitos) : Pickled Jalapeños
- Salads and Sides : Potato Salad with Watercress and Avocado
- Soups : Mexican Corn Soup
- Entradas : Watermelon and Tequila Jicama Salad
- Platos Fuertes : Ancho Chiles Stuffed with Vegetable Tamal
- Pulses : White Bean Salad with Vegetables
- Desserts : Mango Tarte Tatin, Quick Flourless Chocolate and Pecan Cake
- Breads : Goat Cheese and Zucchini Bread
- Drinks : Watermelon and Strawberry Cooler
- Basics : Corn Tortillas
- Moles, Sauces, and Marinades (Moles, Salsas, y Adobos) : Spicy Adobo
- 10 5/8 × 7 1/8 in
- Pages: 416 pp